Who can Register
- Registration is open to any person who is a member of a recognized professional society within the fields of clinical physiology that are represented under the CPRB. These are:
- The Society of Cardiopulmonary Technology NZ Inc
- New Zealand and Australia Society of Renal Dialysis Practice
- Australia and New Zealand Society of Respiratory Science
- Australia & New Zealand Sleep Science Association
- Clinical Exercise Physiology New Zealand
- New Zealand Society for Neurophysiological Technologists
- Registration will be by one or more Scopes of Practice. A Scope of Practice is defined in New Zealand legislation as the professional service the registrant is permitted to perform. For Clinical Physiologists the scope of practice can be registered in one or more of the following: cardiac; exercise; neuro; respiratory; renal; sleep
- The CPRB has defined two categories of registration: Clinical Physiologist or Physiology Technician.
- Registration is awarded to a clinical physiologist when the CPRB is satisfied that the applicant meets specific competencies for a professional Scope of Practice.
Registration is available to:
- Qualified clinical physiologists practicing in New Zealand.
- New graduate clinical physiologists practicing in New Zealand and undergoing appropriate professional development.
- Qualified and experienced clinical physiologists from other countries.
- Australian qualified and registered clinical physiologists
Registration is not available to:
- New graduates in New Zealand who are not enrolled in appropriate post-graduate professional development programs as prescribed by their professional society
- Overseas based clinical physiologists still in training
- Clinical physiologists who have not first been accepted for membership of the relevant NZ professional society